Are you excited for the upcoming conference? I don’t know about you but I sure am. Last year, we had a great time in Fort Lauderdale. This year, we will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of SoACE. We’re returning to the city where it all began…San Antonio! Here are 10 things to expect at this year’s conference.
- Lots of Networking – SoACE is a great opportunity to meet new colleagues and reconnect with old ones. Bring lots of business cards and be open to making new friends.
- Great programs – We have tons of amazing breakout sessions planned for attendees this year. This is a great way to learn about best practices within our field and apply them to our offices. Be sure to check out the listing ahead of time to decide which sessions you’d like to attend.
- Fun – In addition to all of the professional development opportunities, SoACE is a lot of fun. Our members love what they do and have fun doing it.
- Opportunities to be active – Make sure you pack your exercise gear! There are a number of activities planned to keep you active during the conference. Participate in the low impact aerobics on Monday morning and/or the fun run along the Riverwalk on Tuesday morning. If organized activities aren’t your thing, the conference hotel has a great gym that’s open 24/7 with free weights, cardio machines, and indoor/outdoor pool (pool is open from 6:30am-11pm).
- Volunteer – You have several ways to help out with the conference. You can serve as a room host, assist with guiding individuals to the Tuesday night reception, and/or collect tickets at the start of various conference events. If you are interested in serving as a room host, contact Andrew Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org. To assist in the other capacities, contact Emmanuela Stanislaus at email@example.com.
- Chance to give back (through philanthropic initiative) – Each year, we attempt to connect with a local organization in our conference host city to help with their efforts. This year, we have partnered with The DoSeum which is a premiere children’s museum with engaging STEM-based exhibits that inspire active learning through inquiry and play. Their work relates with what we do in career services as they try to meet the challenges of the 21st century workforce to meet the need of more STEM professionals. Please consider donating to this organization by clicking here.
- Great exhibitors – We have some great exhibitors as a part of the conference this year. Make sure you stop by the exhibitor booths to learn more about their services and how they can make your operations more efficient. Be sure to also tell them “thanks”. Exhibitors help keep the conference costs lowered, so our offices can have affordable access to this annual conference.
- A great city to explore – San Antonio in December is such a magical experience. Take in the beauty of the holiday lights along the Riverwalk during this time or partake in other local attractions.
- President’s Reception – Join us for a “Denim and Diamonds” themed reception on Sunday night. This is a fun event to welcome you to the city of San Antonio. Please note that the western attire is optional.
- Tuesday Evening Event – Get ready for an unforgettable Tuesday night event at La Villita. We will be highlighting the vibrant San Antonio culture with the “Night in Old San Antonio” theme. Additionally, The Spazmatics will be our featured band to provide us entertainment for the evening. We’re calling this an 80s Fiesta. Bring your energy for this fun filled night.
What are you excited the most about? Looking forward to seeing everyone in San Antonio!